If you do not want to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser so that it deletes them from the computer’s hard drive, blocks them or warns you if they are installed. To continue without changing your cookie settings, follow the instructions on the website.
Below you will find information on what “cookies” are, what type of cookies exist, how you can disable cookies in your browser, and how to specifically disable the installation of third-party cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that some platforms, such as web pages, can install on your computer, smartphone, tablet or connected television. Its functions can be very varied: store your browsing preferences, collect statistical information, allow certain technical functionalities… On occasion, cookies are used to store basic information about the browsing habits of the user or their equipment, to the point, depending on cases, to be able to recognize it.
Because they are important?
Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical point of view, they allow web pages to work more quickly and adapted to your preferences, such as storing your language or the currency of your country. In addition, they help those responsible for websites to improve the services they offer, thanks to the statistical information they collect through them. Finally, they serve to make the advertising we show you more efficient, thanks to which we can offer you services for free.
Different types of Cookies
- Performance improvement cookies. This type of cookie preserves your preferences for certain tools or services so that you do not have to reconfigure them each time you visit our portal and, in some cases, they may be provided by third parties. Some examples are: volume of media players, article sorting preferences, or supported video playback speeds. In the case of electronic commerce, they allow you to keep information about your shopping cart.
- Statistical analysis cookies. They are those that, well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of visitors and statistically analyze the use made by users of our services. Thanks to this we can study the navigation through our web page, and thus improve the offer of products or services that we offer.
- Geolocation cookies. These cookies are used by programs that try to geographically locate the location of the computer, smartphone, tablet or connected television, in order to offer you more appropriate content and services in a completely anonymous way.
- Registration cookies. When you register on our portal, cookies are generated that identify you as a registered user and indicate when you have identified yourself on the portal. These cookies are used to identify your user account and its associated services. These cookies are kept as long as you do not leave the account, close the browser or turn off the device. These cookies can be used in combination with analytical data to individually identify your preferences on our portal.
- Advertising cookies. They are those that, well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to effectively manage the advertising spaces on our website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or to the use made of our website. Thanks to it we can know your internet browsing habits and show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
- Other third-party cookies. Third-party cookies can be installed on some of our pages to allow the management and improvement of the services they offer. An example of this use is the links to social networks that allow us to share our content.
How can I set my preferences and disable cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring your internet browser options. Puede permitir, bloquear o eliminar las cookies instaladas en su equipo mediante la configuración de las opciones de su navegador de internet. Below we offer links where you will find information on how you can activate your preferences in the main browsers:
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Setting. For more information, you can refer to Microsoft support or browser Help.
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom settings. For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or the browser Help.
Chrome: Settings -> show advanced options-> Privacity -> Content settings. For more information, you can consult Google support or the browser Help.
Safari: Preferences-> Segurity. For more information, you can refer to Apple support or browser Help.
What happens if Cookies are disabled:
Some functionalities of the Services will be disabled, such as, for example, remaining identified, keeping purchases in the “shopping cart” in an e-commerce Service, receiving information directed to your location or the viewing of some videos.